- All lost property enquiries must be made online using the below form, in the first instance.
- Where possible online forms should contain a local contact number along with an email address. (Please check your junk mail folder, for updates)
- The following items will not be kept or logged : Rubbish - Food and non-alcoholic liquid - Alcoholic liquids which are not in a sealed bottle - Food or Drink containers - Medication - False teeth - Personal hygiene products - Disposable pens and stationery - Baby products such as dummies and bottles - Any items with a bad odour/possible contamination or which may present a biohazard - Credit cards which are not included in a wallet, purse, or bag content.
- All lost passports (only) are handed in to Australian Border Force (ABF).
- If you have lost an item on a flight or left luggage behind on a flight or carousel, it’s best to contact your airline directly. See here for a comprehensive list of airline contact details.
Lodge a lost property inquiry
Lost property retrieval
To retrieve an item that has been found, you will be provided with an item number to be quoted in all communication.
There are a few of options for reclaiming your item:
- Pick up – In order to collect your item from The Launceston Information Desk, you will need to first make an appointment so that it is ready for you upon arrival. At least 48 hours’ notice is needed.
- Courier – If you would like your item delivered to you, you can arrange a courier, provide them with the lost item number and notify us 48 hours in advance that they will be arriving.